Thursday, June 11, 2009

Losing weight for Charity and myself!

I am going blind and getting fat. 

I have a rare eye disease called Choroideremia. It runs in my family and is attacking my peripheral vision. A side effect of the disease is NOT getting fat. I'm doing that all on my own. My brother, and at least one of my nephews has the disease as well. My mother, sister, aunt are all carriers and my grandfather was blind. 

I know how difficult it is to lose weight and I thought if I had people watching me and counting on me, then I could do it. 

SPONSOR ME!!! You decide how much to give per pound. It will be based on the honor system. You trust that my numbers are true and I'll trust that you are giving the money to THE CHOROIDEREMIA RESEARCH FOUNDATION. www.curechm.org

I'll be blogging with regularity of my progress and give updates on my weight and what I'm doing to lose it. I'm not trying to do anything radical or rapid. I'd like to do this as healthy as I can, so no Biggest Loser weight loss for me. Like 20lbs a week. 

I'm going to try to lose at least 60lbs and get down to a weight that matches my body type. 

I invite YOU to join me in losing the weight and getting sponsored for the CRF too. Please let me know if you will be sponsoring me or if you're losing weight too!! The incentive will only help me reach my goals. 

I will start my weight loss life style on JULY 1st!! (I'm not calling it a "diet" because diets are temporary and I need a lifestyle change.)

Thank you very much for your support!! 

www.curechm.org

Much love,

EJ Scott

3 comments:

  1. EJ, I will totally sponsor you at $2 per pound. Good luck my friend!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks stacy. is this stacy conner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeppers! But shhhh... I try to keep my identity secret. ;)

    ReplyDelete