Wednesday, July 1, 2009

DAY 1!!!! Getting on the scale!!

266.8 lbs!!!

I celebrated last night by eating half of a Lou Malnati's deep dish pepperoni pizza. It was awesome. I had a Kit Kat bar too.

Then today I weighed myself with a brand new digital scale. I stripped naked (you're welcome) and stepped on. 266.8 lbs!! It was less than I thought it would be but I just moved into a new place monday and maybe lost a couple that day.

My girlfriend, Deborah, and I went food shopping and it was hard for me. I've eaten poorly my whole life. And change is scary. But it's gotta be done.

I ran an errand this morning before I ate anything and thought "Oh I'll be by Dunkin' Donuts. I'll get a breakfast sandwich. " Then I realized I can't. It's gonna take some time and effort to switch my thinking around.

I'm not going to miss being fat but I am going to miss everything that made me fat.

I had some chicken for lunch and having a turkey pattie for dinner. (No bread).

I'm trying to stay clear as much as possible if not completely from sweets, breads, carbs, etc.

It's gonna be hard and scary but with your love and support I can do it.

I know some people have stated they are unable to sponsor me due to funds. I just want people to know that nothing is too small. Even .10 cents / pound. If I lose 60 lbs in a years time then that's $6.00!! I think donating $6.00 is less scary than trying to cure us in one donation. AND ITS DEDUCTIBLE!!! You'll get it back. So mull it over. You can jump in anytime.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

donate to...
www.curechm.org
mention the weight loss for me when asked who you are donating for.

3 comments:

  1. Hey EJ! It's Mary Cait from SC class... One good website for lower-calorie yummy foods is www.hungry-girl.com (it's called "girl" cuz it's written by a lady, but yummy foods are for guys, too, I guess ;). I have a Weight Watchers cookbook & 2 Hungry Girl cookbooks, if you ever want to borrow/copy them!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: One of my friends said she thinks Deborah is awesome on True Blood. She said something like, "Wow, that is a tough character to play. And she does a really great job!" Whoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it EJ! Can you hear me cheering?

    ReplyDelete